[Dragaera] Orca Reconsideration 1

Jon%20Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Mon Feb 8 15:16:31 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Philip Hart" <philiph at slac.stanford.edu>
To: dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Sent: Monday, February 8, 2010 3:06:14 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: [Dragaera] Orca Reconsideration 1

>On Mon, 8 Feb 2010, Damien Sullivan wrote:
>
>> As for Iceflame, can objects be teleported to oneself? (Or people, if
>> contacted psychically?)
>
>This is described iirc as being harder (maybe in _Taltos_). I can't
>recall off-hand any instances, but I recently the complete Amber oeuvre
>and somehow can't block out the "bring me through on the trump contact"
>stuff.

Heh. Well, if in a future novel, Vlad has Frakir (er, sorry, Spellbreaker) wrapped around his wrist, and gets a trump contact (er, sorry, psionic communication) from his brother (sorry, Aliera) saying that the Pattern (er, sea of chaos) is damaged, and he needs to use the Jewell of Judgement (Imperial Orb) to repair it, he can draw Grayswandir (Godslayer) and step through the trump contact (er, teleport) and arrive at the Courts of Chaos (Sea of Chaos) and set things right.

------!

But then Maybe Oberon (Adron) will make an unexpected re-appearance, and Ghostwheel (Loiosh) will have to save the day again.

>Well, Sethra brings Vlad and Teldra to her at the beginning of _Issola_,
>for example.

I understood that to be Teldra performing the teleport, but I may be misremembering.

Mjaikjon