[Dragaera] various

Sean Whalen stlatos at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 8 17:24:33 PST 2010

Philip Hart wrote:
On Mon, 8 Feb 2010, Sean Whalen wrote:

>   I don't know why it would matter that Kragar's line
> about shape-shifting hadn't been talked about more.
> That's almost the point:  there's no evidence about how
> true it is or why it is believed UNTIL we learn Sethra
> is Kiera.

We don't even really know it's believed just based on a
comment in a list.

  What do you mean?  Kragar went to research Sethra,
at Vlad's request, and said she was a shape-shifter.
He said he didn't know how much was just legend, but
that is at least one legend; someone believed it.

> There hasn't been much made of her being a vampire either,
 but that has
> many implications.

Vlad talks about this all the time post-_Orca_ - almost
whenever he sees her.  But I don't think there's much to
learn from her eating "other things".  Maybe she doesn't
actually need to eat at all, and lacking any bacteria in
her digestive tract just doesn't much enjoy getting any
ingested food out again before it rots.  (Imagine e.g.
that nothing can live inside an undead - maybe that even
means no rotting.)

  Why wouldn't Sethra be a normal vampire (fangs,
drinks blood, etc.)?  Anyway, what I meant was Sethra
doesn't do anything in the books as a vampire, just
as she doesn't shape-shift (and if that is how she
becomes Kiera, she doesn't do it on-stage).