[Dragaera] Pararectal ideation on the Undead

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Tue Feb 16 18:57:36 PST 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 09:36:32AM -0800, Scott Schultz wrote:

> Aliera, Vlad, and Morollan are not Undead for the simple reason that none
> of them died. Aliera is a bit of a special case, what with her being
> essentially a demi-god. The normal rules don't apply. It isn't really
> clear that Verra could pull that "create a new body and put your soul in

My memory of 500YA and Taltos is that it's implied Sethra teleported
Aliera out, but the soul got ripped out.  So Verra had Aliera's original
body.  As for not dying... perhaps teleport failure does not cause the
soul-energy-level-change that 'dying' does.

> Sethra actually died at some point in her life, apparently voluntarily.

Voluntarily?  Where's that from?

-xx- Damien X-)