[Dragaera] More on Teleportation Economics

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Tue Feb 23 11:05:49 PST 2010

As near as I can figure, Vlad learns to teleport in considerably under a
year, at age 14, starting from no knowledge of sorcery whatsoever.  (All
this learning takes place "shortly before" his father's death.)  It seems
my gut feelings about the level of difficulty in learning to teleport were
misguided.

Perhaps a better metaphor than "programming a computer" would be "driving
a car".  People who are *very* poor (or very eccentric) don't learn the
skill, but almost everyone lower-middle-class or above does learn it.

Alexx

    "NO ONE can stop the Eye in the Pyramid Lord Julius...  We are as
     smoke.  We are your shadow.  We are _every_where."
"Hmm You're like _smoke_ -- you're my _shadow_ and you're
 _every_where.  Are you bigger than a bread box?"      -- Cerebus 160