[Dragaera] PO'd

Jose Marquez jhereg69 at hackwater.com
Tue Mar 2 15:50:50 PST 2010

Spoilers for Issola.

You have been warned.

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 4:46 PM, Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Mar 2010, Jose Marquez wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Want to be pissed off?
>>>
>>> http://dreamcafe.com/words/2010/03/01/another-tiassa-update/
>>>

>> No. The only thing that would piss me off (that I can think of) is
>> having Loiosh die; I therefore do not want to be pissed off.
>
> Zerika gets pregnant by Laszlo, has a phoenix-blessed Phoenix heir accepted
> by the Lyorn.

I'm cool with this.

> Norathar is killed, breaking the Paarfiad.

And this.

> Invisible ass- never mind.

*shrug*

> Savn commits suicide off-stage.

*yawn*

> A brown-eyed girl shows up briefly on the last page, but turns out not to be
> Devera.

*shrug*

> The council kills VN, sending Vlad into a berserker rage in which he kills
> everyone in the organization.

I'm cool with this.

> Teldra wakes up, is evil, demands a steady diet of souls.

That's interesting...

> I can come up with nine more, probably.

But can you come up with any that would piss *everyone* off? 'cause
generalizing from a sample of one (me), you're batting 0.000. Note
that I'm not trying to antagonize you; I'm just difficult to piss off,
so after giving it some thought and assuming some scenarios are
unrealistic (aka Vlad meets Vader from the prequels that never
happened lalalalala), that was the only thing I could think of that
could piss me off no matter how "right" or "cool" or "necessary" it
was.

See, I'm not invested in House Phoenix, Norathar, Savn, or even VN
enough to be pissed off by the scenarios above. And if Devera fails to
appear in one of the books, I'm cool with that; the poor girl might
need a vacation. Teldra waking up evil is kinda cool; having your soul
eaten by a blade and then kinda-sorta restored by a friend *might*
cause a drastic personality change.

Jose