[Dragaera] Dragaera Casting

Jay Smith goannaman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 13:24:40 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

> I would probably cast someone fairly short, but who had normal sized
> proportions, being that he would be surrounded by tall actors.  Checking, I
> find Clive is 6'2", a couple of inches taller than Christian Bale.    I
> thought of Gary Oldman, but he's too tall too (so is Johnny Depp).  Anybody
> seen Michael J Fox with a mustache?)   No Tom Cruise, please.   Maybe
> somebody like Andrew Koenig.
>
> How old should the various principle actors be?

I think Clive Owen has a good 'look' for the role, but never seeing him in a
mustache, you never know.  I wouldn't worry about height.  It really isn't a
big issue.  See LOTR.

If you really wanted a short person, perhaps a mustachioed Tom Cruise?

Here is another vote for Cate Blanchett as Sethra.  I never really bought
her as Galadriel (her look, not her performance), but I think she would look
great as Sethra.