[Dragaera] Dragaera Casting

Mark Tiller mtiller at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 1 13:49:08 PDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: dragaera-bounces at lists.dragaera.info
[mailto:dragaera-bounces at lists.dragaera.info] On Behalf Of Howard Brazee
Sent: 01 June 2010 21:26
To: dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Subject: Re: [Dragaera] Dragaera Casting

On 6/1/2010 2:17 PM, Jon%20Lincicum wrote:
>> I keep thinking Cate Blanchett as Sethra Lavode, but this may just be
holdover from her role as Galadriel in Lord of the Rings films, so I'm not
sure I can trust this idea.

>Her only advantage here is, IMHO, for playing a secondary role.    Cast
>for both roles simultaneously, with someone who can fool the audience
>with good makeup and voice control.

>If the makeup works, I'd like to explore Helena Bonham Carter in the
>role, otherwise, she can be Cawti.

I thought of Helena Bonham Carter for Aliera, I think she's got the attitude
down pat :)  Alternatively, since she needs to be youngish looking, maybe
Summer Glau who has the grace for the fight scenes (a la Serenity).

Cawti....H'mmm Possibly Helena Bonham Carter but how about Carrie-Anne Moss?
Or reunite Johnny Depp with Keira Knightley.  Or maybe have Keira play Keira
:)

Mark