[Dragaera] Dragaera Casting

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Jun 1 14:03:48 PDT 2010

On Tue, 1 Jun 2010, Mark Tiller wrote:

> I thought of Helena Bonham Carter for Aliera, I think she's got the attitude
> down pat :)  Alternatively, since she needs to be youngish looking, maybe
> Summer Glau who has the grace for the fight scenes (a la Serenity).
>
> Cawti....H'mmm Possibly Helena Bonham Carter but how about Carrie-Anne Moss?
> Or reunite Johnny Depp with Keira Knightley.  Or maybe have Keira play Keira

Not to cast by thinness, but C-A M would make a much better Dragaeran iirc
than human for contrast.  KK would make a good sorceress of some sort.
Morrolan and Aliera should both look quite young I think.  I liked F. Day
in Buffy and Dollhouse but didn't see the needed hauteur or fierceness.
Apropos, Olivia Williams is a fine actress who can look daggers with the
best - maybe she'd do for Sethra, though Blanchett was my first thought.
Jude Law would make a good Dragaeran, any one but Kragar.  Maybe Colin
Farrell for Vlad?