[Dragaera] The New Palace

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Wed Jun 2 11:32:47 PDT 2010

On 6/2/2010 12:20 PM, Alexx Kay wrote:
> The spells providing security on Vlad's office do not require the constant
> attention of a sorcerer, but*do*  require periodic maintenance of some
> kind, per discussion in_Iorich_.
>
> I have vague memories of textev suggesting that there are similar spells
> for the physical integrity of buildings.  IIRC, if the spells aren't
> maintained well enough, the building starts to exhibit noticeable wear.

I would expect there are two types of maintenance spells available -
those that reinforce components of the house and those that reinforce
the whole structure.

I don't expect Castle Black is held up the way Superman holds up a
building.   That would be too far into the realm of fantasy.   Instead
the force field works on the structure as a whole.   When the castle
moves, towers don't sway.

But Castle Black also has particular rooms, doors, kitchens, etc. that
need their own spells enforcing security, views of alternate dimensions,
and dance floors.