[Dragaera] Dragaera Casting

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Wed Jun 2 14:20:03 PDT 2010

> Note that Vlad has had a tough life - a very tough life by _Iorich_ -
> he hasn't spent the last dozen years being ministered to by masseuses,
> personal trainers, and starlets.
>
>> The timeline has Vlad as 30 years old at the time of Iorich, give or
>> take.
>> That's younger than I expected; his marriage to Cawti must have been
>> very
>> short.
>
> Wow, I had him as ~40 by _Iorich_, joints getting stiff and all.

Of course, with his tough life, injuries, torture, and generally living on
the run, he may well resemble a 40-year-old.

> Well, on a lot of things - he's only friends with Morrolan and Co. for
> about two, maybe three years.

He meets the bulk of them in _Taltos_, in late 240 PI.  He goes on the
road at the end of _Phoenix_, in early 244.  So about 3 1/2 years.  Mind
you, that span includes the events of five books worth of significant
events, plus a number of not-fully-told-yet stories.

> Of course I can't argue with the timeline - maybe Someone made some
> miscalculations?

Please, argue away!  Just be sure to back up arguments with textev.  I
certainly have made miscalculations in the past, and have no reason to
believe the current version is entirely free of them.  Corrections are
quite welcome, as are informed disputations :-)

Alexx

Ignorance is bliss, but it'll never replace sex.
   [Seen on a Nancy Button, www.nancybuttons.com]