[Dragaera] Dragaera Casting

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Thu Jun 3 05:30:30 PDT 2010

On 6/3/2010 5:54 AM, Ken Koester wrote:
> Huzzah, someone else who understands the Intentionalist Fallacy!!!  Just
> to be pedantic, I'd point out that even if the Author weighs in you may
> not understand intent; I wouldn't trust Faulkner's explanations any
> further than I could throw a diesel locomotive with my bare hands, for
> example.

And the author can say anything he wants - Shaw said Eliza married
Freddie.   But it doesn't matter if it isn't in the book/play.

Some people don't even count what an author says in an inferior sequel
to a great book (you know, the type written to cash in on the first
book's success).    That doesn't work when it is obvious that the sequel
was part of the original plot.