[Dragaera] Dragaera Casting

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Wed Jun 2 15:02:31 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Alexx Kay wrote:

>> My point wasn't to question whether the Timeline in any way fails to
>> capture the most reasonable interpretation of the Texts, it's whether
>> the dates in the Texts are wrong, due to mischief or error or whatever.
>
> The Texts absolutely do contain some errors.

More what I'm getting at is, was Vlad (initially?) conceived of as
being 21 in _J_ or mid-to-late 20s?  Is he conceived of as being 30 in
_Io_?  I had simply never done the exercise of subtracting 243 from 222;
the Timeline knew, but did SKZB?  Or maybe some of the emotional
development issues make more sense this way (e.g., I've always had
trouble reconciling Vlad's marriage in _J_ with the very different
situation in _Te_, but if the two of them are 21 and not 28 it's much
more understandable).  So not, is this wrong, but how does this all fit -
what do I read as intent.