[Dragaera] The New Palace

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Jun 4 12:20:30 PDT 2010

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010, Michael Wojcik wrote:

> Jon%20Lincicum wrote:
>>
>> If a highwayman is clever, he never has to fire his weapon, anyway.
>> It's used as a threat, so I don't know that this is as big a drawback.
>
> This is an interesting point. Is a flashstone useful as a threat? If a
> random tough steps into the road holding a small rock, and claims it's
> a flashstone, would the fat[1] merchant in question believe it?

This had occurred to me as well.  Also the question whether the merchant
might have a magic implement at hand that allows him to blow up any
in-range flashstone.

But I would be inclined to suspect the merchant travels with a competent
archer who shoots anyone who tries to come within flashstone range.