[Dragaera] Dragaera Casting

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Thu Jun 10 09:34:14 PDT 2010

On 6/10/2010 10:21 AM, Scott Schultz wrote:
> Johnny Depp just turned 47 yesterday...

Odd for an actor who got his initial fame as a kid in a TV show that ran
after I tired of TV.  Of course, if he played a teen, he could have been
in his 20s.   I know nothing about the show.
> I don't know what that says about Vlad's age, but it sure makes me envious.
> I'd never have guessed he was that old. :-/
>
> After seeing Alice in Wonderland the other day, I'm more inclined to see why
> Steve favors Johnny for Vlad. Depp is really good at that "friendly one
> minute, sinister the next" thing when he wants to be.

I more see Steve liking Tim Burton who likes Johnny Depp.  I like Tim
Burton too, and his wife.

Still, I have to see Depp playing somebody athletic, and not
effeminate.    I haven't seen him play anybody who can move rapidly the
way Vlad needs to in a fight.