[Dragaera] Dragaera Casting

Eugene Zaretskiy eugene.zar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 10:00:13 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:
> Still, I have to see Depp playing somebody athletic, and not effeminate.
>  I haven't seen him play anybody who can move rapidly the way Vlad needs to
> in a fight.

He played a nimble, sword-fighting pirate in Pirates of the Caribbean.
A CIA assassin/agent in Once Upon a Time in Mexico. He can be nimble
and he's pretty versatile. The main reason I wouldn't like him as Vlad
is that whenever he plays a role where the character is sarcastic,
Depp has a very recognizable way of delivering sharp sarcasm and that
sort of quirky comedy that I'd be afraid the character would be more
Depp than Vlad. I really wish he'd stop working with Burton, in fact,
for much the same reasons.

--
Eugene Z
http://blog.eugenez.net