[Dragaera] Vlad's Age Revisited

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 09:28:35 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Scott Schultz <scott at cjhunter.com> wrote:
> Granted it's still pretty vague.  It doesn't give any absolute idea of
> Vlad's age at this time but it does put an upper bounds of 38 on his age. To
> my mind, when someone says something like "more than half of blah...",
> they're usually rounding up, as it were, and trying to put their own age as
> close to the comparison age as they can.

I don't understand this comment. They already know their age, what
does it mean to try to "put their own age as close to the comparison
age as they can"? The only thing I can read from this comment is that
Vlad probably isn't younger than 31, otherwise he'd think "two-thirds"
as the closest simple fraction instead of "half." Even that isn't
completely certain though--Vlad isn't necessarily so math minded that
picking an insufficiently precise fraction would bother him.

-Max

--
Be pretty if you are,
Be witty if you can,