[Dragaera] Dragaerans vs Easterners, relative population sizes

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Thu Aug 5 10:51:53 PDT 2010

> I wonder if Dragaerans are more limited to where they live.   We know
> that they can go to war and conquer Easterners, but I don't recall
> (except for one individual who didn't know he was an Easterner), them
> living in enclaves the way Easterners do in Dragaera.

Hm.  We know that the power of one's connection to the Orb is affected in
some ways by distance.  Perhaps if one gets far enough from Adrilankha,
life gets too hard for most Dragaerans to want to put up with it?

This in turn raises the question of how the nature of this 'effective
radius of Empire' was changed by the relocation of the Capitol after the
Interregnum.  Bryan' Newell's map shows Adrilankha as being much further
South than Dragaera City was.  Are the northern parts of the Empire less
'hospitable' than they were pre-Interregnum?  Northport is still a going
concern in _Orca_, which is mild evidence against...