[Dragaera] Dragaerans vs Easterners, relative population sizes

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Aug 5 22:43:51 PDT 2010

On Thu, 5 Aug 2010, Bryan Newell wrote:

> makes sense (more births, not more population), the text appears pretty
> unambiguous:
>
> 	In fact, according to the /Book of the Seven Wizards/, the Plane of
> Waiting Souls pulls at [Easterners] while we're waiting, just like it does
> Dragaerans.  The book says, however, that it doesn't pull quite as hard.
> Why?  Population.  There are more Easterners in the world, so there are
> fewer souls waiting for places to go, so there are fewer souls to help call
> the others.

This is a book that is old enough for Sethra to have read it many times if
I remember correctly.  I've reread _Mansfield Park_ perhaps a dozen times
but then I actually get something out of it.  Perhaps it was accurate at
one time, and the Disaster and even more the Interregnum surely killed
many more Dragaerans than Easterners and its effect on the population
will not begin to have been made up, but maybe the info is just way out of
date.