[Dragaera] Dragaerans vs Easterners, relative population sizes

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Thu Aug 5 14:12:02 PDT 2010

>> Hm.  We know that the power of one's connection to the Orb is affected
>> in
>> some ways by distance.  Perhaps if one gets far enough from Adrilankha,
>> life gets too hard for most Dragaerans to want to put up with it?
>
> Remind me where we've seen this?  (I recall about Deathsgate, but that's
> something else probably.)  Late Paarfi on events near the East?

IIRC, in _Iorich_, Vlad notes that being in Adrilankha allows him to tell
time via the Orb, despite his amulet.  If being close makes it stronger,
it would seem to follow that being far makes it weaker.

Alexx

"Can the thoughts and deeds of one person affect the continuum?  Well, yes,
 but the situation is actually far worse than that: the thoughts, deeds,
 and minute antennae movements of an /ant/ can affect the whole continuum."
    -- Alan Moore, in correspondence with Dave Sim about _From Hell_