[Dragaera] A Teckla thought

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Mon Sep 13 10:51:09 PDT 2010

Dragaeran life expectancy seems to be about 4,000 years, though many die
younger due to accident or illness.  Teckla probably are more subject to
accident and illness than the other houses, but there's no reason to think
they can't live as long if they avoid these problems.  In a city the size
of Adrilankha, one would expect to find more than a few individual Teckla
who had survived past 2,500 years.

In recent Timeline work, my best guess for the concluding date of the most
recent Teckla Republic is 1775* years before the Interregnum, which is
itself about 500 years before the "present" of the Vlad books.  This
implies that there are still some living Teckla who remember life in the
Republic.  There might even be a few surviving Teckla old enough to
remember the beginning of that Republic.  I wonder what they think of
groups like Kelly's?

* Did they sign a declaration of independence in 1776?  :-)  [Yes, I know
they wouldn't have referred to the date in those terms; I was just struck
by the synchronicity.]

Alexx

"She caught me with another woman!  You're French, you understand that!"
      "To be wiss anozzer woman, zat is French.  To be caught, *zat* is
American."
      -- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels