[Dragaera] A Teckla thought

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Mon Sep 13 11:04:03 PDT 2010

On Mon, 13 Sep 2010, Alexx Kay wrote:

> Dragaeran life expectancy seems to be about 4,000 years, though many die
> younger due to accident or illness.

This sounds wrong to me.  Do we have any evidence of a long tail of really
ancient Dragaerans to compensate for those dying much earlier?  Maybe 4k
is the expectancy given ideal conditions, and Vlad has never met anyone
who has lived life like that, but excluding sorcerers have we ever met
anyone known to be even that old?  I have the vague sense that Vlad thinks
3.5k is really really old; but one wouldn't say that about an 80-year-old
woman I think, even though that's the l.e. for women in the US.