[Dragaera] A Teckla thought

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Thu Sep 16 11:55:10 PDT 2010

Having given some thought to the vagaries of time and space in relation to
the Halls of Judgement, I realized that the answer to my own question, "Do
the Gods care about revivification?", is probably "No".  The reason being
that they're so far removed from whatever plane of reality the Empire exists
on that most of the time they don't even have a decent idea of what time it
is in the Empire. We also have the example of Barrit showing up all dead in
the Halls to greet Morollan and Vlad despite his being very much alive when
Morollan left home. Time in the Halls of Judgement doesn't really have any
meaning in relation to time in the Empire. If someone gets revivified, it's
not as if they were supposed to go to the Halls and now the Afterlife has
been short-changed. The Gods probably can't tell the difference as long as
the soul eventually ends up in the Halls where it belongs.

Indeed, there's every chance that any given soul might not even reach the
Paths of the Dead, let alone find its way through them. I guess that there
wouldn't be any kind of expectation by the Lords of Judgement that the
Afterlife is entitled to a certain amount of "dead time" with every soul
that leaves its corporeal existence on Dragaera.

All that to say, that I'd guess that they probably don't even think about it
except as another interesting trick of sorcery. Revivification probably
doesn't have any noticeable effect on the Afterlife as long as everyone
eventually does die. Necromancy would be more of a concern for them than
revification.