[Dragaera] A Teckla thought

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Thu Sep 16 12:32:04 PDT 2010

On Thu, September 16, 2010 13:17, Howard Brazee wrote:
>   On 9/16/2010 11:16 AM, Michael Wojcik wrote:
>> On the other hand, reincarnation has apparently always been around -
>> at least since before the Empire was founded. I wonder if that's
>> general knowledge? (But then again, even with reincarnation, dead is
>> pretty much dead, since you come back as someone else.)
> I've never quite figured out why some people on Earth are attracted by
> reincarnation - for the reason you gave.   They like to think they were
> some ancient royal person - except the definition of "they" isn't
> anything with meaning.
>
> In Dragaera, it is possible that there is some real meaning.   I see
> hints of it.

The Hindu version is essentially using reincarnation as a combined carrot
and stick.  While you may not remember the past incarnation usually,
you'll certainly be aware of your station in the current one.

The Abrahamic religions raised the ante, to the point where the rewards
and punishments are so beyond human scale that they can't be comprehended.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info