[Dragaera] A Teckla thought

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 18:19:29 PDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 12:45 PM, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:
> Yeah, but it wasn't *me* in any meaningful way who is in the other
> incarnations.   I am getting the reward/punishment for some other guy.

Isn't this always true, whether you've died in between or not? One
reason some people have trouble planning for the future is that it
feels like an externality: I'm giving up something today for the sake
of someone I don't really care about (me tomorrow). Who you identify
with as "me" is ultimately an arbitrary, emotional decision.

-Max

--
Be pretty if you are,
Be witty if you can,