[Dragaera] A Teckla thought

Michael Wojcik mwojcik at newsguy.com
Fri Sep 17 07:44:56 PDT 2010

Jon%20Lincicum wrote:
> ----- "Michael Wojcik" <mwojcik at newsguy.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm pretty sure there's a comment to this effect in LoCB or SL -
>> something about "curing" someone who had actually died.
>
> This is in chapter 68 of /Lord of Castle Black/, it is part of a
> conversation between Kelchor and Ordwynac.
>
> Of course, this is all according to Paarfi, and how exactly it is that
> he knows the minds of the LoJ is open to debate.

Sure. But if revivification was known to have been used PI, surely his
readers would object to that passage; so I think we can still take it
as evidence that (at least as far as Paarfi knows) revivification has
only been possible since the return of the Orb.

> Perhaps Paarfi is secretly Vera?

Nah, Paarfi's just Paarfi. But he gets all his material on the LoJ
from Kieron, who stayed in the Halls so he could eavesdrop and gossip.
That tough act for Aliera was just a front.

--
Michael Wojcik
Micro Focus