[Dragaera] A Teckla thought

Jon%20Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Fri Sep 17 09:07:25 PDT 2010

----- "Michael Wojcik" <mwojcik at newsguy.com> wrote:

> Jon%20Lincicum wrote:
> > ----- "Michael Wojcik" <mwojcik at newsguy.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I'm pretty sure there's a comment to this effect in LoCB or SL -
> >> something about "curing" someone who had actually died.
> >
> > This is in chapter 68 of /Lord of Castle Black/, it is part of a
> > conversation between Kelchor and Ordwynac.
> >
> > Of course, this is all according to Paarfi, and how exactly it is
> that
> > he knows the minds of the LoJ is open to debate.
>
> Sure. But if revivification was known to have been used PI, surely
> his
> readers would object to that passage; so I think we can still take it
> as evidence that (at least as far as Paarfi knows) revivification has
> only been possible since the return of the Orb.

Well, there's evidence for that much in plenty of other places also; and in both series.

The question was: "Well, what do the LoJ think about it?"

For an answer to that question, this source is pretty much our only direct textev.

Any readers of Paarfi's who might know enough about the true motives of the LoJ to object to what he's written (Sethra Lavode, The Necromancer, Verra, et al) are not very likely to do so.