[Dragaera] A Teckla thought

Michael Wojcik mwojcik at newsguy.com
Tue Sep 21 08:47:28 PDT 2010

On 2010-09-17 12:07, Jon%20Lincicum wrote:
> ----- "Michael Wojcik" <mwojcik at newsguy.com> wrote:
>> Jon%20Lincicum wrote:

>>> This is in chapter 68 of /Lord of Castle Black/, it is part of a
>>> conversation between Kelchor and Ordwynac.
>>>
>>> Of course, this is all according to Paarfi, and how exactly it is
>>> that he knows the minds of the LoJ is open to debate.
>>
>> Sure. But if revivification was known to have been used PI, surely
>> his
>> readers would object to that passage; so I think we can still take it
>> as evidence that (at least as far as Paarfi knows) revivification has
>> only been possible since the return of the Orb.
>
> Well, there's evidence for that much in plenty of other places also; and in both series.
>
> The question was: "Well, what do the LoJ think about it?"

Ah, I misunderstood your point. I didn't offer that reference as
evidence about how the gods regard revivification; I was responding to
the other thread, about whether revivification is a "'new' science",
as Scott Schultz phrased it. That was the message I quoted in my
original message (that you quoted at the top).

--
Michael Wojcik
Micro Focus