[Dragaera] Is Kelly foolish?

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Fri Sep 24 15:17:40 PDT 2010

----- "Philip Hart" <philiph at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Sep 2010, Jon%20Lincicum wrote:
>

> > ----- "Howard Brazee" <howard at brazee.net> wrote:
>
> >> I wonder how much skill is necessary to destroy the Orb.
> >
> > Adron couldn't manage it, and he was pretty skilled.
>
> He wasn't trying to destroy it.

True. Although it is hard for me to imagine anyone who was deliberately trying coming even as close to succeeding as he managed to.

> I wonder what would happen if a sorcerer offered to teleport Zerika to
>
> Castle Black but instead sent her into one of the seas of chaos.

Hmmm... That might well depend on the intentions of the socerer. If done on accident, it might be possible.

However, a deliberate attempt to do something like this, knowing full well the consequences would be treasonous, might well be impossible. The conflict in loyalty would be detected by the Orb in the mind of the sorcerer, and the spell would simply fail.