[Dragaera] Is Kelly foolish?

Louis Eastman almagaiz at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 01:04:17 PDT 2010

The Orb can fry anyone linked to it, according to whomever (I think Kragar?)
was telling Vlad anyone can contact the Empress, but she might fry your
brain if it's trivial. Additionally the Emperor can use it the Orb itself as
a weapon, according to Vonnith in Orca at least (who is shocked at the
notion of the Empress using it, it hasn't been done since the Seventh Jhereg
apparently).

Also, Kana can't use sorcery against the Empire when he's rebelling. Adron
used at least Pre-Empire sorcery, but I can't confirm if he had regular
sorcery or not.

Additionally, Dragon tells us a lot about combat sorcery, that most battles
rely on each side's sorcerers preventing the other side from using it on
them, and throwing whatever else they can into the fray. It's also mentioned
that generally you can expect a Dragonlord to know a few offensive spells to
use in battle. The book explicitly says that without the other side
stalemating each other you get devastation. I doubt any of Kelly's
revolutionaries are sorcerously adept as a Dragon would be.