[Dragaera] Teckla and the Clone Wars (Star Wars)

Tom Foolery tomasfoolery at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 04:04:06 PST 2010

Greetings all.

Having an active ten year old boy, I am exposed to many forms of
entertainment I wouldn't normally find on my own.  Most recently, I
discovered that there is a character named Teckla on the Star Wars
Clone Wars tv show.

My apologies if this has been mentioned previously. Here is a
"wookiepedia" link to the character:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Teckla_Minnau

(Apparently she also exists in the Star Wars Movie continuum. Who knew?)

Check the quote in the Biography section, reproduced here:

"Teckla is one of my aides. Like so many of the people that we tell
ourselves we're here to serve, Teckla lives in a district that rarely
has electricity and running water--as a result of the war. Her children
can now only bathe every two weeks, and they have no light in which to
read or study at night."
    --Padmé Amidala, in an address to the full Republic Senate

Seems to me Kelly or one of his people could very easily be saying the
same thing about all Teckla. Quite a nifty nod of the head, if it is
such, to the Dragaerean world.

Enjoy this tidbit, I know I have. Even if this is a coincidence, well,
every story changes depending on the story teller.

Tomas

ps

"Vladapedia"?