[Dragaera] Is Kelly foolish?

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Wed Mar 9 23:24:24 PST 2011

On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 09:15:01PM -0800, Philip Hart wrote:

> There's a passage in the Piroiad in which Zerika says something
> along the lines of, "There are way too many outgoing links from the
> orb for me to find a particular person", as if answering my
> objections on this score.

Heh.

> I kind of don't believe this from a programming perspective, unless
> it's a deliberate hobbling of the Orb by the gods.

Aren't we told by Sethra that Zerika I made the Orb?  Paarfi says the gods
upgraded it; I prefer to think it was really Zerika IV who did
(probably mostly incorporating new subroutines from Sethra and the
Necromancer, thus easy teleportation and revivification.)

As for missing a person index... bad design, bugs, deliberate regard for
civil liberties, capacity limits...

-xx- Damien X-)