[Dragaera] Tiassa [nothing but spoilers]

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Sun Apr 10 09:42:04 PDT 2011

>> Does Pathfinder actually work on objects?  The only examples of its use
>> that I recall off-hand involved finding people.  And the plot at the
>> climax of _Jhereg_ might have been a little simpler if Pathfinder could
>> have been used to locate the gold which Mellar stole.
>
> The Serioli Vlad meets says something about "objects", though I don't
> recall Aliera using it except for people and Jenoine.

<Alexx looks up the ref...>  "I might suggest 'an object of desire when
the path is true.' The form of 'path' is made abstract by the final
'tsu.'"

>> Timmer, so far as we know, hasn't told anyone that she even knows Vlad
>> at
>> this point, much less that she can locate him.  When she finally does
>> speak to her commanding officer about knowing Vlad (pgs.285-287), she is
>> still quite reticent about details.  (And during "Whitecrest", we have
>> no
>> reason to think that Timmer was aware people were looking for Vlad.
>
> I assume Timmer listens to scuttlebutt and realizes the seriousness of
> using the Orb so would speak up.

Unless, for instance, she's away from Adrilankha at the time of the crisis
for some reason.

>> Devera could certainly find the tiassa, but do any of the Good Guys
>> *know*
>> that?
>
> Sethra?

Maybe, but we have no positive reason to think that.

Alexx

"Nature teaches more than she preaches.  There are no sermons in stones.
 It is easier to get a spark than a moral."    -- John Burroughs