[Dragaera] Tiassa -- Chapter the Sixth vs Epilogue -- spoiler

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 10:11:44 PDT 2011

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 9:33 AM, Scott Schultz <scott at cjhunter.com> wrote:
> Hmmm... The more I think about it...
>
> An open mystery is the fashion in which Lady Saruchan knew of Vlad's
> injuries and knew where to find him when he was injured and ostensibly in
> police custody.
>
> It makes me wonder if there WAS a swordsman fighting at Vlad's side at the
> river and that swordsman was Lady Saruchan herself. Upon realizing who his
> assailants were and why they were attacking, he realized that he was putting
> Sara in mortal danger. Faced with the possibility of alienating her if he
> drew Lady Teldra and proceeded to annihilate the souls of her close
> relatives, he took the most expedient course.

This theory assumes that he did not, in fact, draw Lady Teldra and
that the rapier which Sara recovered was merely his rapier. But we
know that Lady Teldra can heal wounds, and that Vlad did not make his
rapid physical recovery until after Sara returned his rapier to him.
(Well, for certain values of "know.") Whether it was just a rapier or
Lady Teldra, either way seems problematic for different reasons.

-Max

--
Be pretty if you are,
Be witty if you can,