[Dragaera] Tiassa -- Conception -- spoiler

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Wed Apr 20 09:13:09 PDT 2011

I said:
>The only time that we see [the silver tiassa] employed in an active sense
is in Conception,
>and we are never given a clear idea of just how it is employed. However it
>works, the end result is not the least bit oracular.

If I was to make a baseless speculation about this (heh) I'd guess that this
is not strictly an "active" usage of the tiassa. From the hints about
"correspondence" (the first rule of magic - the symbol is the object) and
the whole "push" and "pull" and what not, I would infer the following
process:

Kieron's Bower was a real place when Kieron was alive. His personal sleeping
space.

Kieron's Bower also exists in the Paths/Halls as a duplicate of his earthly
abode because he just likes it that way and it's symbolic like everything
else in the paths.

The Necromancer does some interdimensional trickery to bring both of the
"real" Bowers into "correspondence" with a third symbolic Bower that Sethra
builds as the, uh, honeymoon suite. ;-)

The living body of Kieron from the past enters the suite as a part of the
whole push/pull business.

Sethra and the Necromancer pull a Quantum Leap on Kieron and take advantage
of the tiassa's properties to join his future conscious mind to his past
unconscious mind, resulting in, well, Devera. Heh

The tiassa then goes back to Vlad and goes on about its merry business,
having fulfilled Verra's business.