[Dragaera] Rynend and Dathaani (spoilers for Tiassa, of course)

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 09:17:37 PDT 2011

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 9:08 AM, Jerry Friedman
<jerry_friedman at yahoo.com> wrote:
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 4
> 5
> 6
> 7
> 8
> 9
> 10
> 11
> 12
> 13
> 14
> 15
> 16
> 17
>
> How can Rynend and Dathaani hope to get away with this?  If Dathaani's plan
> succeeds, some representative of the Empire will meet Vlad at the same time as
> the Jhereg muscle, who will kill him Morganti.  (Vlad might certainly get to the
> meeting at the appointed time instead of waiting around to be shined
> beforehand.)  A Jhereg witness will be there too.  The Empire will find out
> there was no Jenoine threat and no reason to believe the silver tiassa would
> have protected them.  And the Jhereg don't think anyone will put two, three,
> five, and seven together?  Or Dathaani thinks that with the Empire very angry,
> Rynend can protect him?

I don't think the Jhereg were actually expecting a representative of
the Empire to appear instantly--that was all Cawti and Norathar's
idea. Presumably they would have showed up and killed Vlad, and then
found some way to give the silver tiassa to the Empress (planted on
Vlad's dead body?). When no Jenoine show up, there's nothing for the
Empire to be upset about except the murder of a fugitive Imperial
Count, which isn't as big of a deal as you might think, especially
without witnesses.

-Max

--
Be pretty if you are,