[Dragaera] Tiassa timeline -- spoiler

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Wed Apr 27 22:34:15 PDT 2011

On Wed, 27 Apr 2011, Jerry Friedman wrote:

> T. S. T.
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 4
> 5
> One
> Two
> Three
> Four
> Five
> First
> Second
> Third
> Fourth
> Fifth
> Sixth
>
>> From: Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu>
>
>> Re the rest, it would help at least me to have a mini-timeline
>> for the tiassa to understand what's going on.
>
> Okay, maybe my amateur contribution will be a start.  I've used Alexx's

Thanks.

> [Not long after /Taltos/.  By the way, it was very naughty of her to
> mention Vlad Norathar to Vlad at this point.]

Just a comment - the story could have come to us via Sethra or the N, as I
suggested above, and we have no idea when.  Devera could have said to
Vlad, "I visited a boy I like to play with and taught him to see."  Maybe
Sethra inferred (at the time of _Tiassa_, when she might have told the
translator) from this that D meant VN; maybe it will become obvious to
all, as with the gun in the first act, that VN can see, therefore he's who
D meant.  (It's interesting I guess that she didn't give VN the tiassa.)