[Dragaera] Tiassa timeline -- spoiler

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Thu Apr 28 15:14:43 PDT 2011

On Apr 28, 2011, at 11:29 AM, Jerry Friedman wrote:

>>> T. S. T.
>>> 1
>>> 2
>>> 3
>>> 4
>>>  5
>>> One
>>> Two
>>> Three
>>> Four
>>> Five
>>>  First
>>> Second
>>> Third
>>> Fourth
>>> Fifth
>>>  Sixth
>

> I see that's right (though it's from Pel's conversation with Khaavren in Chapter
>
> the Fifth, not the STG meeting).  Thanks for the correction.
>
> So "Whitecrest" is back to after /Issola/, which means after /Dzur/.  Dathaani
> must be very ill-informed if he thinks five Jhereg enforcers, with no sorcery
> mentioned, can take on Vlad with his jhereg and Lady Teldra, much less kill
> him and get away before the Empire's representative shows up.  Is it possible
> the  Council or at least the Demon doesn't want the attempt to succeed, so
> they haven't told people about LT?  Or is that too conspiratorial?
>
> And why doesn't Khaavren know about Vlad's part at the Lesser Sea?  In our
> world, that victory would be trumpeted to the skies, especially including the
> leading part played by a member of a despised minority group.  In Dragaera, even
>
> a top security official doesn't know (or Paarfi expects that readers will
> believe the official doesn't know).

I suspect there are other(s) who are publicized as the heros of that victory.    Either because they were better at marketing themselves, or maybe there was some disinformation about the details, or because people such as Paarfi saw what they wanted to see.