[Dragaera] Geography: The Map of Dragaera, Release 2

Bryan Newell bryann at bryann.net
Sat Jun 4 18:17:33 PDT 2011

> At a first read, I see one anomaly.  In
> http://bryann.net/dragaera/map/The_Southern_Coast.html , you say:
>
> "Finally, the transform fault that presumably formed the
> northern part of Elde Island is probably quite chaotic to the
> east of the island where the continental plate is pulling
> away from the southern oceanic plate.
>
> This tectonic interaction is as good a spot as any to have
> formed some of the lesser islands mentioned in the text such
> as Spaire Island and the Longburry Islands."
>
> In the final map, you show a bunch of small islands trailing
> away from the
> *western* edge of Elde, but nothing to the east.  Error in
> the text or the map?

I left off Spaire Island and the Longburry Islands because I couldn't locate
them with any precision.

The small islands to the southwest of Elde Island are part of my attempt to
make a realistic coastline, and were not meant to indicate any actual
islands from the novels.

In fact, southwest of Elde Island is as good a location for the Longburry
Islands as between Elde and Hartre.  Spaire Island is probably between Elde
and the Empire since it's been in dispute between the two for thousands of
years.

Bryan