[Dragaera] Stuff I never got in Tiassa (Spoilers)

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Fri Jun 24 16:06:38 PDT 2011

----- Original Message -----

Well, it was really none of Khaavren's business. I'm sure Vlad would have preferred if Khaavren had left well enough alone, but he's certainly aware that if Khaavren has gone to the amount of trouble needed to set up the concert, he's going to keep investigating until he gets some kind of answer.

At that point, it becomes easier just to let Khaavren know the truth, than to have to keep looking over his shoulder. His neck's pretty sore from doing that already, looking for Jhereg Assassins, Left Hand, Jenoine, &c. Last thing he needs is the Special Tasks Group after him, as well. (Especially since they might help some of his enemies find him in the process...)

> 2. Pel makes Khaavren curious enough about Vlad to restart his stalled
> investigation. Pel's questions are basically about who Vlad is, why
> he's
> involved with the Jenoine invasions, who he knows and how, as well as
> why
> he's so involved with this Silver Tiassa. Khaavren eventually meets
> Vlad
> in a cooperative and loquacious mood, learns exactly NONE of these
> things,
> (okay, a little about the Tiassa) and walks away satisfied. Why?

Pel is concerned Vlad may be a threat to the security of the Empire.

I'm confident that Khaavren learned enough about what Vlad was up to to convince him that this is not a justified concern.