[Dragaera] Court Wizard crack? (Minor Tiassa spoilers)

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Sat Jul 2 07:34:10 PDT 2011

> Tiassa Spoilers.
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 4
> 5
> 6
> 7
> 8
> 9
> 10
> 11
> 12
> 13
> 14
> 15
> 16
> 17
>
> The middle section of /Tiassa/ introduces us to the heretofore unseen
> character Kosadr. We are informed that this character is the Court Wizard
> for Zerika IV.
>
> At one point in dialogue, Kosadr claims that he "has held his post for 20
> years".
>
> However, the events in the section take place approximately 1 year after
> those depicted in /Issola/. In that story, Morrolan makes a joke about
> Zerika sending the "Court Wizard" to assist in the battle against the
> Jenoine, where he is referring to himself as the current holder of that
> position.
>
> On the face of it, this appears to be inconsistent with Kosadr holding the
> same post for 20 years prior. (Especially since Vlad indicates that prior
> to Morrolan, it had been Sethra the Younger who had held the post.)
>
> Any ideas?

Coincidentally, I am in the midst of Timeline-ing _Tiassa_, and just gor
to this remark.  My best guess (similar to Philip's) is that there are two
different Imperial offices which have both been translated as Court
Wizard.

Alexx

"No human being can really understand another, and no one can
 arrange another's happiness."         -- Graham Greene