[Dragaera] Stuff I never got in Tiassa (Spoilers)

Curtis Haden crhaden at gotrain.org
Sat Jul 2 20:17:42 PDT 2011

On 7/2/2011 7:32 PM, Philip Hart wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Jul 2011, Jerry Friedman wrote:
>
>>> I  don't understand this argument - presumably GWs are able to
>>> decide or be
>>> told  not to take souls when in use (we have TextEv on that from
>>> Morrolan) and
>>> Vlad  would not be asking her to.  In _Dzur_ I think we see Teldra
>>> as being the
>>> more presumptively soulthirsty of the two (one?).
>>
>> Maybe she wasn't awake enough in /Dzur/ to control her appetites yet.
>
> Yes, Vlad draws her, the Issola don't flee (which I found a bit
> surprising or perhaps even unlikely), he decides it's too dangerous to
> use her, then what - he tosses his instant healing device?  I suppose
> he might want a hand to toss daggers.  Or perhaps Teldra started
> wielding herself?
>
> Assuming he can swim, _*jumping in the river seems a better plan*_.

I still don't think she ever cleared leather.  Maybe LT ended up with
Sara, via Loiosh, or maybe Vlad had her with/on him the whole time, but
it seems to me that if LT had entered the fray, Vlad would not have
entered the river.  Its safe to assume that Vlad knew he wasn't being
attacked by a horde of Jhereg, therefore he didn't feel compelled to use
LT.  If Teldra is not yet 'awake' then Vlad couldn't be confident that
he could /keep/ her from taking souls.