[Dragaera] Sethra Suppositional Speculation and Suspicions Symposium

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Sat Jul 9 22:43:12 PDT 2011

On Sat, 9 Jul 2011, Jerry Friedman wrote:

> Maybe Sethra and Verra are trying to read the winds and go with the flow as much
> as they're trying to control events.

That sounds correct to me.

When writing my earlier reply I had considered commenting that Sethra
would probably not be planning on destroying a bunch of superintelligent
folk with some sort of ability to tell the future.  But it's clear that
Verra can miss even very short-term consequences of her actions, and the
whole achronicity thing makes me sufficiently uncomfortable that I prefer
to ignore it as much as possible.

I guess I'm a strong Cyclist, which informs the ongoing argument I've had
with Alexx about House Jhereg.  In this perspective the J are really
fighting the Cycle, the source of that wind you refer to.