[Dragaera] Sethra Suppositional Speculation and Suspicions Symposium

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Sun Jul 10 11:02:10 PDT 2011

On Jul 10, 2011, at 9:20 AM, Jonathan Carey wrote:

>> She doesn't have the strongest GW if her purpose is to overthrow the gods.
>>
>> But for a purpose like that, she wants the GWs distributed to the right places.
>

> Oh, I think that it's quite clear that, when it comes to slaying Gods,
> Godslayer's your Michael Jordan, your Babe Ruth etc..
>
> But when it comes to orchestrating the overthrow of the Gods, one
> considers more than just a specialization, even one as perfect for
> your tasks as the talent of slaying Gods.  An overall strength, or
> perhaps a more generalized talent would be more valuable; and hence
> stronger.  And she either chose or was fated to be bonded to the one
> (due to the Serioli identifying their tools well) that had the link to
> the greatest of the GW overall.
>
> I mean, which would you prefer:  A weapon of do one thing +10 or a
> weapon of do anything +5?

If I wanted to win a baseball pennant, Michael Jordan wouldn't be my choice of weapons - he might be useful, in getting fans in the seats so that I can afford Babe Ruth.

But Sethra could conceivably do her job without carrying *any* Great Weapon - as long as she could wield the people carrying them.