[Dragaera] Verra's Death

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Tue Jul 12 09:49:38 PDT 2011

I believe that the prophecy regarding Verra's death by Godslayer is intended
to be the Real Death, not simply a banishment from any particular plane of
existence. Morrolan and Miklos have both shown that you don't need any
specially crafted weapon to accomplish the latter.

Godslayer was crafted with a very specific purpose in mind, IMO - Remove
whatever mystical macguffin it is that makes a God a God (it's not
surprising that the word "aspect" invokes its usage in _Lord of Light_, I
think) , and then annihilate the soul of the no-longer-divine being.

Sorcery does not depend upon Verra's existence. At least I'd be extremely
surprised at that being the case. Her death will have some major
ramifications, but the world will go on.

In the end, I think it will be the manner of her death and the events that
lead to it that will be interesting rather than any ramifications
afterwards.