[Dragaera] Dragaera Digest, Vol 60, Issue 6

John Dallman jgd at cix.co.uk
Wed Jul 13 12:59:00 PDT 2011

In article
<CANeR+D+BeCjY43pmab9FF5MB121EB8ZJURBUNa1pTfs1tSvpMw at mail.gmail.com>,
carey.jonathan at gmail.com (Jonathan Carey) wrote:

> ... Actually,  I just had a thought; perhaps when Verra's gone, Bolk
> will regain the ascendancy.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was left
> with the definite impression that Bolk represented an older magic?
> than Verra.  Perhaps Dragaera's indigenous magic.  With Verra dead,
> that might mean that Bolk comes to the front until such time as
> Verra, which is to say, Magic itself, is born again---I wonder--is
> that the rebirth of the Cycle in some way, or perhaps the rebirth
> of House Phoenix? etc etc

Well, the rebirth of the Cycle is a matter of the fairly recent
historical past, as of Vlad's lifetime. The Interregnum happened after a
Cycle of Cycles, and then the Cycle was renewed. Not that linear time is
absolutely required, of course.

As for the rebirth of the House of the Phoenix ... That will happen,
somehow. Being reborn from nothing is their basic power, and Zerika
demonstrated that they were still worthy.

--
John Dallman, jgd at cix.co.uk, HTML mail is treated as probable spam.