[Dragaera] I think I'll go re-read Orca...

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Dec 15 15:08:45 PST 2011

Eight and a half questions:

Am I the last person in the world to have noticed the constellations on
the cover of _O_?

In _O_, Kiera says (somewhere) (to a box?) that one shouldn't worry about
things that one can't control; Vlad later says the same thing, ascribing
the idea (IIRC) to Kiera (from some earlier period?), though I can imagine
Sethra saying it.  This is related to the concept Vlad mentions to Teldra
(?) in _Issola_ (?), that if one can only survive by assuming one is being
chased by someone who can't leap over a nine-foot trench (perhaps this
comes up in _Athyra_, another philosophical Text, too?), one should so
assume.  It's also related to the "Simple things are never problems" idea,
or anyway it seems that way to me.  I wonder if there are similar
instances elsewhere in the Vladiad (or [?] maybe in "The Desecrator"?).