[Dragaera] Off-Topic Discussion: Occupy Wall Street

phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Thu Dec 15 16:54:15 PST 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 05:12:03PM -0700, Howard Brazee wrote:

> There are graphs on the Internet that have matched the deficit with
> Supply Side tax cuts.    These graphs are pretty consistent in showing
> that cutting taxes on the wealthy increases the debt.   Hmm, I wonder
> if there is a similar study showing how many jobs were created.

I started reading Jeffery Sachs' _The Price of Civilization_.  Tables
indicate the US since 1981 has seen slower growth of GDP, of GDP per
capita growth, almost no median income growth, and higher unemployment.
Plus, of course, massive deficits, as well as a deficit in
infrastructure maintenance, as Reagan pushed such spending from 2% to 1%
of GDP.

In other words, a total failure.  Unless you're in the top 0.1%.
Massive income growth for them.

Democracy is two sheep and a wolf voting on what to have for dinner.
Reaganism is when the sheep vote with the wolf.

-xx- Damien X-)