[Dragaera] Off-Topic Discussion: Occupy Wall Street

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Thu Dec 15 20:39:11 PST 2011

On Dec 15, 2011, at 7:44 PM, Kenneth Gorelick wrote:

> The real debate should be about why we exist as a nation. Until there is some agreement on this it is hard to figure out how to get out of the mess we are in.

That's *a* debate.   But let's pretend you got persuaded that the purpose of the government was something weird.    But something expensive.     In that case, it needs to invest in getting enough money to do that weird thing.    The best investment is having lots of middle class taxpayers, as that's where the money can be gotten from.

No matter what we believe the government should be doing - won't it be expensive?   Doesn't it need that investment?