[Dragaera] Tax (and other) revenue by house

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Fri Dec 16 13:03:09 PST 2011

----- Original Message -----

I would imagine the Vallista would be the House with the best long-term developments for the Empire. It seems like they would be the most interested in investing in fundamental infrastructure. That likely puts a lot of money into the hands of both skilled and unskilled laborers working on these projects, which should benefit the entire economy of the Empire in the process.

Of course, that likely just encourages the Vallista to pursue ever more ambitious and expensive projects, putting a financial strain on the tax-paying gentry, and generally making the Vallista ruler progressively less and less popular with the other Great Houses. (Except maybe the Teckla and Jhereg.)

I believe there was a Paarfi bit near the beginning of /TPG/ where he expounded on this very phenomenon.