[Dragaera] Future Narrative Gimmicks

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Mar 16 21:45:23 PDT 2012

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012, bigtytmf at yahoo.com wrote:

> Not referring to narrative style specifically, but I am surprised we
> haven't seen a Western-influenced tale.  Wealthy livestock baron,
> driving poor Teckla off their homesteads, until reckoned with by our
> friendly, nine-fingered drifter, wearing a Hat.

There'd have to be some twist, like the Teckla had driven off the local
Serioli.  If this is _Vallista_, I guess Vlad would kill the baron or at
least destroy his forces and then set up a new community with both races.
If it's _Lyorn_ I guess he shows up and convinces the baron and both races
to build a new community simply by setting a noble example.  If it's
_Hawk_ (perhaps most appropriate for a Western) I guess Vlad shows up and
annoys everyone so much that they resolve their differences to get rid of
him.  If it's _Chreotha_, the whole setup is a trap (presumably by a
Jhereg) - but Vlad has actually set up the situation to trap the trapper.
If it's _Tsalmoth_ - well, Vlad already thinks like a Tsalmoth.